How to Properly Measure Your Penis
Be sure to take accurate measurements of your penis before you start your penis enlargement regimen. You need to measure your starting length and girth, both flaccid and erect. When measuring be conservative and round down the totals so that when you do see gains you don't think it's just because you didn't measure correctly. You only need to measure once every month. Measuring every day will lead to inaccurate results and could be discouraging if you aren't seeing huge gains right away. The important thing to remember is that you should always measure the same way and do not change your measurement units.
Measuring the Flaccid Length
The flaccid length of the penis can fluctuate for several reasons, including the temperature. This means you may see contradicting results depending on the air temperature at the time you measure. Flaccid gains are often the first gains you will notice when performing penis enlargement exercises. To keep your results accurate, we have a certain standardized way of measuring the flaccid penis.
- To measure accurately it is important that you measure from the side of the penis.
- Stand up straight and extend your flaccid penis in front of you, your penis should now be parallel with the floor (it important NOT to stretch it).
- Place the ruler next to your penis so it is slightly pressing against the pubic bone.
- The ruler and your penis should be parallel with each other.
- Measure to the tip of the head in millimeters or inches.
Measuring the Erect Length
The erect length is what most men are interested in increasing. Again, it is best to measure from the side of the penis. This method is the standardized method that researchers use to measure the "average penis size" which is incidentally between 6"-6.5" erect length.
- Make sure you are fully erect where you would consider it to be 100% erect.
- Hold your penis below the head and place the ruler next to it with your other hand.
- The ruler should be slightly pressing against your pubic bone.
- Measure to the nearest millimeter (it is important that you do not exaggerate the measurement).
- It is recommended that you be conservative in your interpretation of the measurement.
- Measure from the base to the tip of the head and make a note of your measurement.
Measuring the Flaccid Girth
The girth can be extremely awkward to measure because many people have different size girth measurements depending on which part of the penis that you measure. The standardized way is to measure in the center of the penis shaft. The average flaccid girth size is between 3"-4".
- When flaccid hold your penis out in front of you and wrap a tape measure around your penis.
- Do not pull the tape measure too hard, pull it to a reasonable level and remember this amount of pull for the next time you measure.
Measuring the Erect Girth
Make sure your penis is 100% erect and then proceed with the measuring. The average erect girth is 5" - 5.5" according to recent surveys.
- Hold your penis out in front of you so it is parallel with the floor.
- With your other hand place the tape measure around the penis making sure not to pull too tight.
- Measure around the penis and make a note of your measurement.
Tracking Your Gains
Of course, the reason you are embarking on a penis enlargement exercise program is
because you want to increase the size of your manhood. Therefore it makes sense to
keep a track on your gains. You can use a table like the one show below to record your
starting measurements and then update them every 4-6 weeks. By keeping track you will
help to keep yourself motivated when you start to see the gains you were hoping for!